Maths at Pembury
At Pembury we help our children to develop a strong grounding in number and shape, space and measure so that they have the necessary building blocks to become confident, curious mathematicians.
We provide frequent and varied mathematical opportunities to help them to build and apply their mathematical knowledge and understanding. Through these opportunities we support our children to develop their mathematical vocabulary.
Maths is woven throughout all that we do. We explore maths through:
- Carefully chosen resources and carefully planned environments to provoke mathematical thinking
- Daily, purposeful mathematical experiences within our Nursery environment, both indoors and outdoors
- The children’s own developing mathematical interests and fascinations
- Our current Enquiry Questions
- The routines of our Nursery day
- Small group time sessions
- Number games and challenges
- Books and stories