Privacy Notice for Applicants
Privacy Notice For Application Forms
This notice explains what personal data we will hold about you, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during the application process. We are required to notify you of this information, under data protection legislation.
Please ensure that you read this notice as well as our privacy notice for staff which can be found on our website, which detail how we use your information.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
Once you have submitted an application form, the School use this information in order to take a decision on recruitment and to take steps to enter into a contract.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following information from the application form in order to take a decision as to recruitment:
- Personal information and contact details such as name, title, addresses, phone numbers and personal email addresses;
- Information collected during the recruitment process that we retain during your employment including proof of right to work in the UK, information entered on the application form, CV, qualifications;
- Details of your employment history including job titles, salary and working hours;
- Information regarding your criminal record as required by law to enable you to work with children;
- Details of your referees and references;
- Your racial or ethnic origin, sex and sexual orientation, religious or similar beliefs.
How we may share the information
We may also need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as HR consultants and professional advisers. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information as required to comply with the law.
How long we keep your information
We keep the personal information that we obtain about you during the recruitment process for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. How long we keep your information will depend on whether your application is successful and you become employed by us, the nature of the information concerned and the purposes for which it is processed. Full details on how long we keep personal data for is set out in our data retention policy